Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Once more. And this time: with feeling!

When is it okay?
Let me clarify.
When is it okay to put yourself out there again?
Even if you know you're going to get hurt. Again.
Alot of people will say,
"Get right back on the horse."

Well, I'm not riding a horse.
I'm just looking for someone to love.
And for someone to love me, and all my faults.
I spent 6 months cultivating a relationship.
Only to watch as it was torpedoed right in front of me.

It takes alot to come back from that.
You can't just get right back out there.
Leaving yourself vulnerable to yet another heartbreak.
I hate being vulnerable.

But there are far too many people who enjoy it, it seems.
They get knocked down, and the next day,
They are back out there.
Looking to get hurt all over again.

All love is hurtful, one way or another.
It's just the extent of the pain that varies.
I'm not a masochist. I don't like being hurt.
But if you don't put yourself in a position to get hurt,
You may never find what you're looking for.
You might end up all alone.

And that hurts more than anything.

2 comments:

Blaire said...

definitely one of life's biggest pains in the ass.
it sometimes seems like a no-win situation, doesnt it?

Adam said...

always.