Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Marshamllow Mountain

I wait all day for 10 minutes.
Let me clarify.
All day long,
I am thinking about 10 specific minutes.
Which 10?

Those 10 right before you fall asleep.
It's so much fun.

What weird shit is my brain going to come up with tonight?
It's like an acid trip without the groggy after effects.
(And you can actually go to sleep! Unlike on acid.)

Am I alone here?
Am I the only one who has these weird visions before I fall asleep?
Is it the medication?




Here is a snippet of these wonderful 10 minutes.


a dilapidated shack.
snow falling.
my high school girlfriend.... with a baby!

"is this a dagger which i see before me?
the handle toward my hand?"

a golf ball flying pefectly towards it's target.
me rolling around in the grass.
me and a tiger rolling around in the grass.
me and a tiger bare knuckle boxing.
the norse god Odin breaking up the fight.
me, Odin, and the tiger having a drink at a bar.

the comedian steven wright is just staring at me.
he tells me a story,
"I put instant coffee in a microwave oven and almost went back in time."
he puts a dove inside of his jacket.
a mime approaches.
we both run like hell.

an airplane crashes into a mountain made out of marshmallow.
everybody dies.






Believe me when I tell you, you can only imagine how great my real acid trips were.

2 comments:

Blaire said...

That is some trippy tripped out shit.
Dilapidated shack? Airplane crashing? I think you've been watching too much Lost.

Adam said...

indubitably. but i ain't stopping now.